Feeling: "Me & You"
(New song by Jung Joon Young :: Video featuring actors Joo Woojae & Han Eun Seo)
Headed for Washington D.C. this week. I'm on 2 panels at AWP, and signing copies of my book at the Latinx Caucus table; Carolina Ebeid & I switched dates, so I'm there on Friday & she on Thursday, both at noon.
I also had some new poems come out since the beginning of this year:
- A section from part of a longer series, "What Hangs on the Side of the Mouth," appears in Nightjar Review.
- "Titans Don't Stay in their Graves" appears in HEArt Journal.
- Two poems over at The Spectacle: "We Move in Orbits So Distant from Each Other" and "When My Phone Doesn’t Ring It’s Everything"
My weekly essays for The Kenyon Review include:
- "Derechim: Writing on Traveler's Prayer" which is especially for anyone who's discouraged right now
- "On Carrying Each Other & Cosmic Debt" examines ideas of the self, prosperity and the father-daughter dynamics in Margaret Edson's Wit and Marianne Moore's "Silence;"
- "Breaking Down" is a very, very short meditation on sheep, slaughter and the state of our country.
- "Gam Zu L’tova (This Too Is for the Good)" which I (re)encounter an Anti-Semitic slur, but it's my niece's innocuous question on grammar that just might save our world.
Read some poems over at Studio A at WKCR 89.9 FM over at Columbia University & they archived it here.
I've also created a poetry-only Twitter account that focuses on highlighting new contemporary poetry. Follow at @ShesFullofStars